Kosher and Allergy Aware
Each class will have a dairy or pareve kosher snack. There will be two items offered daily. All snacks are peanut and tree nut free. The school strives to provide as much organic and fresh food as possible.
Eating lunch together is a vital part of our program. It provides a chance for children to eat together in a relaxed social setting. Each child should bring in a dairy/pareve, nut-free lunch. Lunch time is from 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. The Parent Association sponsors optional Pizza Wednesday Lunch. A flyer will be sent home in the summer mailing with more information.
We Suggest That You:
- A thermal lunch case labelled with child’s first and last name
- An ice pack
- A dairy or pareve lunch
- Fresh fruit
- Healthy food
- Lunch containers that a child can open on their own
DO NOT SEND:
- Meat, chicken, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, nut products such as peanut butter
- Candy, gum or sweets
- Large portions
- “Lunchable” type meals that include meat of any kind
- Containers with metal tops
- Hard candy, nuts, whole grapes and balloons as they are choking hazards.
- Please avoid sending food that needs to be warmed. We do not have facilities for heating food safely. We suggest sending warm foods in an insulated thermos container
Please remember lunchtime should be a positive experience for your child. The educators encourage, but do not demand, that your child eat the “healthy” food first. Therefore, if you send in sugary snacks, you are giving permission to your child to eat it. A list of dairy lunch ideas is available in the Sherman ECC office.